Ref No: AM17535
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Manufacturing Engineer - North Dublin.
In this role you will:
• Develop world class manufacturing and supply chain processes to suit low volume, high technology products (medical device products). Model processes, layout & balance production lines as well as design individual workcells, and the associated manufacturing and test fixtures.
• Support technology transfer initiatives, participate in cross-functional design reviews, Set up and lead meetings between vendors and R&D as well as co-ordinate with R&D and Procurement to ensure the best design for manufacturing is achieved.
• Determine labour times and optimize cycle times and participate in make versus buy analysis. Create process instructions for in-house production
• Provide day to day support to the manufacturing and test operation acting as technical reference and decision maker. Provide engineering support and technical knowledge to aid technical troubleshooting
• Develop and manage systems of metrics, analysis and projects to drive continuous improvement of operations using Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles.
• Significantly contribute to product and design initiatives through all design stage phases (problem definition, containment, setting target condition, root cause, solution design, validation, implementation, standardization and monitoring on the production floor).
• Operate in a global supply chain environment and contribute to the resolution and prevention of supplier related outages.
• Contribute to the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), product and process validations.
• Ensure that the designs stay within the cost target
Interested applicants should have:
• Ability to lead change and technically mentor teams to best in class practice. Ability to influence change at all levels
• Understand of various supplier manufacturing technologies and commodities, such as metal fabrication, metal machining, plastic moulding, PCBA, cables, optics, and fluidics
• Have strong problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
• Can collate and analyse large amounts of data for decision making
• Have excellent oral communications, business writing skills and presentation skills
• Be self-directing, goal oriented and able to prioritize workload
• A team player who can build strong and influential relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science discipline (QQI level 8). With 3 years or more relevant experience.
• Formal training in WCM disciplines (JIT, lean, six sigma , DOE ) would be an advantage.
• Experience in being a part of teams and projects with strong communications, written and verbal.
• Ability to work in technically complex multi-discipline areas. coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
• Have strong technical troubleshooting skills.