Ref No: AM17266
County Westmeath, Republic of Ireland
Manufacturing Engineer - County Westmeath.
In this role you will work with the conception, design, development and installation of new products or production lines. Duties will include improving the production processes to become more cost-effective and efficient over time, resolving technical problems and selecting precision tools for different machines.
• Evaluating quality control processes and making recommendations for improvements
• Analysing and reporting on production processes, methods, schedules, downtime, cycle times, availability of machines and waste management
• Ensuring that the organisation’s manufacturing processes comply with relevant policies and government laws and regulations
• Reviewing and calculating the costs of the different tools and equipment in the production process and predicting the overheads in future production requirements
• Analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment placement to maximise manufacturing efficiency
• Coordinating maintenance and repair services to keep production equipment operational
• Making sure that staff follow the manufacturer’s procedures and instructions while operating the equipment
• Overseeing the work of technicians and shop-floor personnel
• Establishing an effective work sequence
Skills and Experience sought for this role:
• Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline required.
• Working knowledge of:
o Electronic Assembly
o Laser welding systems
o Robotics, automation systems & dispense systems
o Validation lifecycle
o Six Sigma problem solving
• People Supervision an advantage (not essential).
• The ability to work well under severe pressure
• Strong leadership and communications skills
• The ability to work with diverse teams
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Excellent information technology skills in specific software packages, including computer-aided modelling and design software
• In-depth knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
• Knowledge of engineering science and knowledge
• Knowledge of equipment for installation and repairs