Ref No: DT17994
County Cavan, Republic of Ireland
Mechanical Design Engineer - Co. Cavan
The Role & Purpose
The role of Mechanical Engineer is to design distribution transformers in line with customer specification. The successful candidate will be a key player in expanding our range and increasing our capabilities. Both electrical and mechanical design is carried out on-site. This is an excellent opportunity that will report directly to the Head of Design but will require the successful candidate to work closely with departments across the business.
We are looking for a self starter who can work in a team environment with good communication skills. The salary will be negotiable depending of skills, candidature and experience. We hope to start the individual as soon as possible. This is an opportunity to join a growing global company with a proven history and an exciting future.
The ideal candidate will have a degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering with working experience of Creo Parametric or other similar design packages.. Organisational skills and a drive for continuous improvement is essential.
• To translate customer expectation into mechanical design that can be profitably made in the plant.
• Create detailed drawings and BOM’S for production & logistics.
• Design transformers for ease of manufacture and to ensure optimal costs.
• Make recommendations to customers and business.
• Collaborate with production for quality first time.
• Preparation of costings, specs, drawings and technical details for customers.
• Direction and co-ordination of prototypes manufacture.
• Liaison with R&D to improve efficiencies
• Optimising design to the customer specification.
• Preparation of instructions and drawings for use on the factory floor.
• Preparation, control and updating technical and material specifications
• Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• Strong organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise.
• Working with design packages preferably Creo Parametric or other similar design packages.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
• Previous SAP experience.
• Strong work ethic and self-starter.
• Analytical and detail orientated.
• Good Time Management and Decision Making Skills
• Preferable experience in a manufacturing environment/manufacturing best practice
• Experience with internal standards and quality conformance metrics
• Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Requirement to both work on-site and to travel for business.
• Full clean driving license