Ref No: AM17725
County Galway, Republic of Ireland
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - County Galway.
• Research and develop mechanical design solutions.
• Have a hands-on approach to prototyping, bench testing, data gathering and debug analysis.
• Analyse customer and functional requirements specifications in order to define performance criteria to be achieved.
• Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) activities.
• Support technical architecture and standards assignments.
• Design 3D models and prepare definition files for products, prototypes and test means.
• Create 2D drawings with functional dimensions according to ISO standards.
• Lead design activities with internal and external contributors.
• Lead tolerance analysis activities and resulting dimensional optimisations.
• Define and identify functional and critical characteristics.
• Support project planning.
• Manage project documentation in the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database.
• Interface across a multi-disciplinary environment in a clear and effective manner
• Technical communication with customers and suppliers.
Qualification and Experience requirements:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design or equivalent
At least 1 to 3 years' experience in Mechanical Design.
Problem solving techniques and methodical approaches to the same.
Experience in developing 2D drawings and 3D designing using 3D CAD.
Self-starter, motivated individual who can work well alone or as part of a design team.
Able to demonstrate a high level of commitment, initiative and quality of workmanship required within the R&D environment.
Ideally you will have experience in developing products for high volume manufacturing.
An advantage to have experience of tolerance investigations and stack-up analysis experience; tooling and moulding experience; detailed drawings and drawing control including GD+T; experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC.