Ref No: AM16542
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Mechanical Design Engineer - West Dublin.
In this role you will apply professional engineering techniques and knowledge to the company's engineering activities, as assigned by the Engineering Manager. Engineering activities cover the full range of engineering engagement with the business, including concept generation, analytical design, detailed design, manufacturing planning, manufacturing and procurement support, test activities, and the associated documentation and reporting requirements. As Design Engineer you will be expected to display and develop good practical engineering judgement with attention to detail and a focus on accuracy, and to engage such support and cooperation as is necessary to complete the assigned activities.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Mechanical Design Engineer is expected to have involvement in the complete product development cycle, from initial specification through to final qualification and supply to the customer, and product support.
The main project engineering duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Produce conceptual designs and develop concepts into detailed engineering design solutions through a structured, project-managed development process.
• Apply knowledge of engineering physics during planning, design and fault diagnosis activities.
• Conduct engineering analysis, sizing, calculations and materials selection.
• Generate 3D CAD models, and engineering detail drawings of components and assemblies.
• Create technical specifications, procedures and reports in line with quality and customer requirements.
• Generate analytical models, formulate predictions of development test results
• Troubleshoot test results, provide analytical correlations and updating analysis models, design/predict further tests
• Take ownership of new applications, performance issues or technology limitations and develop engineering solutions.
• Manage product testing and qualification activities.
• Liaise with Program Managers to compile schedules, prioritise tasks, and strive to achieve project goals and deadlines.
• Work closely with others as part of a multi-disciplinary team.