Operational Excellence Manager - Co Cavan
Ref No: DT18022
County Cavan, Republic of Ireland
Operational Excellence Manager - Co. Cavan & Northern Ireland (Fermanagh) Regions
We are seeking a Operational Excellence Manager for our client firm in the above area for what will be an exciting position within the Continuous Improvement of the company.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead continuous improvement initiatives across all company sites across Ireland & Northern Ireland.
Leading the Operational Excellence team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to optimise processes, streamline operations, and enhance overall business performance, alongside this you will play an important role in helping foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedment of Lean methodology and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Leadership and Stakeholder Collaboration:
- You will be a catalyst across the business to appropriately, and respectfully, challenge the status quo to continually drive improvements through sharing of best practices (learning from within the business and externally), creative and innovative solutions, alignment of goals and objectives, alongside resource planning to deliver results.
- A people leader, directly responsible for a team of Continuous Improvement Practitioners. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills and be comfortable working within a cross-functional team environment.
- You will be responsible for motivating your team as well as inspiring positive communication at all levels within the business, working together toward achieving business goals.
- Collaborate with various departments and business stakeholders to identify and deliver improvement initiatives across the business by employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Provide direction, guidance, and mentorship to senior management in the rollout of company award-winning ‘Leading Excellence’ framework and help create an improvement culture amongst all employees.
- Complete post-implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future programmes. Communicate the progress of Lean/CI initiatives to key business stakeholders and project sponsors.
- Be a key business partner to the leadership team. Contribute to business strategy development and operational execution of business plans. Help create a sustainable business model through the creation of highly efficient value streams, manufacturing strategies, cross-functional processes, and establishment of uniform policies and procedures.
- Think strategically to anticipate and mitigate potential issues and challenges by carrying out risk assessments (FMEA analysis’) and creating detailed contingency plans to accommodate unforeseen events, using proactive approaches. Recognise the broader implications of actions and proposals on the overall business.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders and multi-divisional ‘CI Champions’, to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change.
Training and Development:
- Oversee the roll-out of the company’s award-winning employee Skills Development Programme, with the aim of providing operational training to all members of staff, creating a safer, more efficient working environment, whilst also providing multi-skilling opportunities for employees.
- Work with other team members and business services departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes, to include training, reporting and system enhancements.
- Direct the development and delivery of both internal and external employee training programmes on Operational Excellence methodologies, tools, and techniques. Working with 3rd party educational institutions and industry experts to ensure that all training material is relevant and delivered to a high standard.
- Mentor, guide, and support employees completing Yellow/ Green/Black Belt improvement projects.
Process Optimisation / Change Management:
- Analyse existing business processes, workflows, and systems to identify areas of improvement and operational inefficiencies.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of new and innovative ways of working, optimising efficiency, reducing waste and enhancing productivity, alongside, conducting divisional benchmarking and best practice sharing, as part of a ‘best in class’ continuous improvement strategy.
- Conduct and lead Lean/Kaizen events to identify the root causes to problems and drive ideas and solutions.
- Work within the business’ Change Acceptance Board (CAB) committee and participate as a subject matter expert within operations, to help prioritise and plan the execution of business improvement projects.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting:
- Lead the organisation’s capability in knowledge and understanding of key performance metrics and measurements, which impact the total performance of the business’ diverse business suite.
- Ownership and user support of the business’ Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and various production monitoring tools, to track production and downtime metrics.
- Analysing this data to track progress, process variation and identify areas for improvement.
- Drive visual management and data understanding of all operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across manufacturing and support functions.
- Analyse data and prepare reports to present findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Regularly communicate progress and results to stakeholders, highlighting achievements and opportunities for further improvement.
- The post holder will have strong attention to detail, project management and planning skills.
- Effective leadership and communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, be skilled in MS Office suite and have a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- It is essential to have a 3rd level qualification in Technology, Business, Engineering or a related discipline or 5+ years relevant work experience.
- In addition, you must have a minimum of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualification and knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Tools such as DMAIC, Root Cause, Analysis, 5S and Standard Work.
- Lean Six Sigma Black/Master Black Belt Qualification and Programme Management experience is desirable.
- Applicants must also have 3+ years’ experience implementing Lean initiatives within a manufacturing setting. Whilst experience in developing or delivering Lean/CI training material is desirable.