Ref No: AM15810
Mayo, Co. Mayo, Ireland
PROCESS CONTROL (SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS) ENGINEER - County Mayo.
The core objective of this Process Control (Software Applications) Engineer is to support the technical aspects of the value work-stream from a core automation engineering-based skillset, associated with Batch, PLC, SQL servers and custom C# applications.
This involves interrogating at PLC/Batch level, machines and processes that support the overall automated production systems. This is a key business requirement in a highly automated, complex, lean driven, batch manufacturing environment, supplying a worldwide customer base.
· Apply proactive and methodical approach to troubleshooting daily shift production issues with cross-functional teams;
· Perform detailed, technical breakdown analysis of losses / inefficiencies in your work stream and to ensure that quantitative, automated data is readily available to stakeholders in a timely manner;
· Take ownership and lead the development, agreement and execution of cross-functional resolution plans in order to address gaps in throughput, quality, safety and environmental metrics;
· Project manage automation centered projects & control system modification, ensuring that verification & validation procedures are implemented;
· Provide technology roadmap in line with the business strategic direction.
· Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve processes and eliminate waste.
Interested applicants should have:
· A minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in programming systems support, preferably in a food or process environment.
· Ability to work independently and proactively.
· Well-structured methodical approach to work.
· Good judgement and decision-making skills.
· Strategic in approach.
· Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems essential
· Proficient with .NET framework 2.0 - 4.5+ essential
· Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
· Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2016 essential
· Experience with popular web application frameworks and Windows Web Services
· Proficient with Windows Presentation Framework, creating database schemes that represent and support business processes and implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, VSS, TFS)
· Experience with XML and JSON an advantage
· Experience with Batching software for example FT Batch or similar batching software
· Experience with server 2008 -2016 OS
· Demonstrated experience of delivering projects in a highly automated environment
· A recognised Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.