Ref No: AM17580
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Process Engineer - West Dublin.
• Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing assembly/moulding processes.
• Monitors the assembly/moulding process, troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Provides technical expertise on various projects/production jobs and processes as required.
• Implement the start-up of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimising cost, efficiency and quality.
• Establish and ensure process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
• Monitor the assembly/moulding process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
• Establish processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
• Debug moderately complex problems within a portion of new systems, tooling and automation.
• Implement experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilisation through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
• Implement maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
• Using relevant technical principles and standard strategies such as Lean and Six Sigma principles, discover and implement process improvements for existing manufacturing processes.
• Lead and participate in investigations, plans, and tasks to resolve process issues such as non-conformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations, and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
• Lead and participate in projects, which include designing and implementing a plan and timetable, as well as achieving the project's goals and objectives.
• Supports manufacturing sectors in terms of quality standards, compatible documentation, capacity, product availability, and cost.
• Assists in the purchase of new equipment, including user need requirements, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment activities as needed.
Interested applicants should have:
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
• BS Degree in Manufacturing / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or other technical discipline.
• At least 2-4 years’ experience working in manufacturing/engineering
Desirable, but not essential to have experience in electronic manufacturing environment.
Ideally experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment.