Ref No: AM17590
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Process Technician - West Dublin.
This position will be on a 4-shift pattern
Responsible for operating moulding and any auxiliary equipment. Responsible for inspecting product to a pre-determined specification and completing all documentation necessary to provide quality, production and traceability records in accordance with ISO9002/EN46002/ISO14001 standards/ customer specifications. Responsible for making technical adjustments to the machine as required.
Interested applicants should have
• Ideally a Certificate in Plastics Engineering or similar.
• Must have good verbal reasoning, numerate ability and mechanical aptitude skills.
• Must have good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must be willing to work on a shift basis in the business.
• Ability to work on their own initiative.
• Previous production work experience in an injection-moulding environment would be an advantage, but not essential.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures the quality of the parts produced by inspecting parts visually and through measuring devices.
• Supporting the shift and Production Leader by reporting on/resolving process/technical issues.
• Ensure the machine settings are as per the validated status and recorded on relevant documentation if applicable.
• Attend production meetings as required.
• Attend to all incidents of downtime and record in the relevant documentation daily.
• Define machine status on OEE System to determine machine downtime and run time.
• Carry out Pin correction when applicable.
• Assisting with the introduction and validation of new tooling as required.
• The introduction and transfer of new moulds into production as required.
• Work closely with maintenance, tool room and process engineers to ensure technical support for the room.
• Complete tool changes
• Aid, support and training to operators on the shift.
• Perform line clearance in conjunction with the relevant procedures.
• Maintain accuracy of batch documentation and ensure that it is filled in and right first time.
• Ensure that machines are stopped and started as per the relevant start up procedures in manufacturing manual.
• Ensure that all machine adjustments are as per the validated state and recorded in the relevant PAL.
• Understand and safely operate all equipment.
• Report and/or correct unsafe working conditions.
• Ensure all moulding machines and ancillary equipment are working correctly, and reports any problems.
• Perform mould cleaning and cleaning of machines/robots and ancillary equipment on a daily/monthly basis.
• Ensure that the correct raw materials are being used at each moulding machine; ensure raw material is staged/ready for next shift
• Verify the labels for correct part and lot numbers.
• Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner by practicing good housekeeping.