Ref No: AM17504
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Project Engineer - Technical Services: Dublin 12.
In this role, you will lead projects, taking the role of Engineering Team Leader, from project registration right through to validation/commissioning and handover, as per Engineering SOP for ‘Project Management’, ensuring that projects are completed to specification, within budget and on programme. This role will work cross-functionally with groups such as Quality, Regulatory Authorities, external consultants.
Core responsibilities include:
• To liaise with the project requester and define exactly the project brief.
• To liaise with customer department as well as other Business Unit departments and support departments as required such as EHS, Technical Services, and Logistics etc.
• To attend regular planning meetings as required to ensure plant downtime is agreed.
• Follow procedures which ensure that standards of quality and safety are maintained while optimising capacity, flexibility and operability
• To immediately report to the Engineer Project Manager any deviations from the project plan which would have an impact on quality, specification, programme or cost.
• To ensure that adequate training is provided to Engineering personnel, and to assist in any way that is practical.
• Chairing of design review meetings, site meetings, haz-ops, project meetings etc.
• To ensure that Projects are handled and managed using the ’team’ approach.
• To follow up snags ensuring that the project is completed fully, before closing the Capital Account.
• To communicate effectively within the Department Function and particularly with the customer.
• Ensure that all procedures described in the Department SOP’s or WI’s and Guidelines are strictly adhered to.
• To ensure that plant handover, including the preparation of documentation packages, is carried out in a controlled and punctual manner as per procedures.
• To plan, manage, co-ordinate the ’front-end’ design of the project whilst evaluating quality and value relative to practicalities.
• Preparation of equipment specifications, budget estimates, scope documents, IA submittals, purchase requisitions, cost control data sheets, meeting minutes and circulation of same.
• To prepare installation specifications as per Standard Procedures and to complete AWP’s for all work.
• To act as safety lead in line with construction regulations 2013 and appoint PSDP and / or PSCS as required. Also, to ensure EHS risk assessment is carried out and actioned prior to capital submittal.
• Ensure that change control procedures are strictly adhered to.
• To ensure that current regulations, standards and work practices are adhered to for all project work, i.e. FDA, HSA, HPRA, EPA, British Standards, USP, ETCI etc.
• To oversee and control CAD services to ensure drawings are registered, prepared, checked, approved, circulated and controlled as per SOP
• To source, select, procure, inspect, approve and oversee installation of equipment, machines and systems.
Interested applicants should have:
• Third level Engineering qualification (NFQ Level 8 or higher)
• Lean qualification is desirable (not essential).
• A minimum of 5 years' experience, ideally including pharma experience.