Ref No: AM17306
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Project Planner - West Dublin.
In this role you will lead the planning, scheduling and cost control efforts for all project phases. Maintain and analyse actual and forecasted schedules, cost and risk. Monitor, report and manage deviations.
1. Instructions and guidelines
• Ensure projects follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with internal standard procedures. Ensure that an integrated schedule and cost control performance measurement process for the project’s entire scope of work is provided.
2. Planning and scheduling
• Analyse project requirements with project team, check that all essential work activities have been identified in sufficient detail to serve as a basis for developing realistic project schedules. Define project work and cost breakdown structure, develop and maintain baseline and current schedules that provide time-phased baseline, actual and forecast data for project. Monitor project progress and regularly analyse project critical paths to ensure all critical path activities and project milestones are progressed to the plan. Notify Project Managers of any deviations or scheduling issues and provide input for optimising resources. Issue progress reports, program updates and productivity data on a regular basis.
3. Cost, revenue and cash flow management
• Establishe a baseline plan for cost and cash flow performance measurement. Work with project team to define the necessary resources for project completion, evaluating the work breakdown structure and standard productivity. Accurately monitor costs and project cash flow, maintain detailed estimates to complete and estimate at completion forecast, analyse variances by using earned value management techniques and advise project management on any cost and cash flow issues arising.
4. Change management
• Work closely with engineering, pre-commissioning, commissioning etc. to identify potential changes in scope and quantify the impact of each change in a timely fashion. Administer the change order systems and advise the Project Manager on the cost impact of potential changes, and ensure the control estimate/budget is current and reflects changes.
5. Risk management
• Work with project team to identify and assess the priority of project risks (e.g. schedule, cost and scope risks), maintain the risk register and propose mitigation plans. Analyse impact of risk on the overall timeline and costs.
• Integrate material resource requirements with project schedule and define procurement activities and order lead-times.
• Regularly communicate with SCM team and update schedules to ensure procurement activities take place in a timely way, and lead-times are optimised to meet schedule targets.
Interested applicants should have circa 2-3 years' experience in a similar role.
Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project expertise is a requirement for this role.