Ref No: AM17381
Cork, Co. Cork, Ireland
Project/Process Engineer - County Cork.
In this role you will work in a progressive and production focused Engineering Team, reporting to the Plant Engineering Manager, and you will have direct responsibility for delivery of process excellence in a top class facility.
Project Design & Delivery-
• Assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on the site objectives
• Implement engineering guidelines and quality GMP’s
• Integrate lean design and performance as key target of the project in the Call for Tenders
• Follow up on tenders for the different contractors and discuss lay-out, P&ID’s, utilities, etc.
• Analyse the offers and participate in the recommendation and contractor selection with the Project Manager in order to endure optimised capex / operation investments
• Follow up the execution of the equipment works (including acceptance tests, regular visits).
• Ensure the project is in compliance with budget and schedule
• Ensure support, training and knowledge transfer to the future plant staff regarding processes and equipment
• Coordinate all the suppliers involved in the scope
• Coordinate the qualification and validation tests
• Organize and realise the start-up of all the process equipment
• Support the production team during the ramp up of the process equipment
Manage Process Reliability & Capability-
• Develop the capability of all processes to meet customer specifications
• Maintain complex in-house processes to ensure stability
• Deliver new projects and solutions that ensure a constant rate of continuous improvement
• Keep up to date with ever changing technological environment, equipment changes and product changes
• Monitor and improve OE - Track and process line reliability and performance. Identify bottlenecks within the process, report and conduct root cause analysis with relevant team members
• Perform regular fault finding and troubleshooting activities to ensure sustainable process reliability
Identify and Plan Systems Activities-
• Drive cross-functional investigations on problems/deviations including defining corrective and preventive actions
• Identify, analyse and prioritise technical or business-related processes improvement opportunities and problems
Facilitate Continuous Improvement-
• Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing Practical Problem Solving / Root Cause Analysis and perform GAP analysis on manufacturing data to understand where to focus / prioritise problem solving efforts.
Interested applicants should have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering function
• At least 2 to 5 years' mechanical or process engineering experience, ideally in the food or beverage, dairy, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other regulated industry essential
• Ideally experience in a GMP manufacturing environment designing and implementing projects / process improvements
• Knowledge of engineering regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
• Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels across multiple functions of the organisation
• Ideally Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience
• Experience in standardisation and improvement of processes