Ref No: AM17182
Clare, Co. Clare, Ireland
Quality Manager - County Clare.
In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing an efficient and effective Quality function, ensuring systems, processes and standards are developed, implemented and improved to deliver Right First Time tooling to customers.
• Support an effective and efficient quality management system to ensure the site operates under strong process disciplines, employing team focussed quality tools to ensure the company quality objectives are met.
• Support the Site Director in implementing the Quality Strategy for the site
• Oversee the quality system development, implementation & maintenance
• Oversee quality system training and quality tools deployment
• Performing internal and external audits to ISO and AS requirements.
• Development, maintenance and approval of standards
• Supplier and customer liaison on quality issues
• Root cause analysis of quality issues and identify timely and effective corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
• Provide support to regulatory and customer audits
• Communicate quality issues to manufacturing and supply chain to ensure effective and timely action is taken.
• Implementing adequate controls to ensure calibration of gauging and measurement equipment is kept up to-date.
• Ensure compliance with all company quality policies including compliance, and closing on time any CA’s
• Ensuring compliance with prevailing GDP requirements
• Ensure staff compliance with all company H & S policies
• Lead problem-solving initiatives and take an active role in driving cross-functional collaboration across Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance & Supply Chain groups with a view to promoting continuous improvement and reducing waste across the business.
• Effectively manage employee performance, including coaching, developing and monitoring employees and taking the appropriate performance management action where required.
• Organise, support and manage the training of people under your control to achieve optimum cross-training versatility and flexibility.
• Developing, compiling, and maintaining accurate quality performance metrics (KPI's) to identify inconsistencies, trends, and opportunities for process optimisation and reduction of costs
Interested applicants should have:
• Educational or professional qualification in Quality Engineering or similar
• At least 5 years' experience in a Quality management role
• Experience in Manufacturing and/or Engineering related industry, with knowledge of manufacturing Quality Management systems; understanding of specifications, gauge certification, capability analysis, data and defect analysis, variance reduction
• Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 9001
• Knowledge in Lean; Six Sigma & TQM methodology and application of same
• Strong evidence of delivering results in Quality and continuous improvement initiatives
• Proven ability to manage teams of direct reports and cross-functional project workers
• Hands-on, can work in the detail and also take strategic view
• Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to managers and colleagues.
• Communication and reporting skills (verbal and written)
• Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
• Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills
• Good levels of high energy and drive for results
• Focussed on delivering quality to customer