Ref No: AM17365
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Quotations Engineer - North Dublin.
Our client is seeking an experienced Quotation Engineer to join a growing team based in North Dublin. This organisation has worldwide expertise but also a local presence within their specialised field. This company has an excellent culture, salary and benefits.
This will be a key role in the engineering function and requires someone coming from a manufacturing background.
Reporting into the Sales and Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following: -
• Adjusting customer information into practical working formats for the quotations office.
• Preparing BOM and component specifications into Excel spreadsheets which are sent to suppliers.
• Answering queries from suppliers on parts and specifications.
• Liaise with Finance/NPI/Engineering teams to improve and develop labour costings.
• Monitor labour efficiencies against quoted times
• Develop new costing models
• Work with Sales team/customers to deliver quotations in an efficient and professional manner
• Monitoring FX rates
• Ability to comprehend detailed engineering drawings
• Liaison with suppliers to monitor costs
• Monitoring the AVL Approved Vendor List
• Responsible for uploading and updated new BOM's and Routers to ERP system
Interested applicants should have:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
• A primary degree or equivalent in manufacturing engineering or similar is an advantage (not essential)
• Ideally experience in high-volume manufacturing
• Background and experience in sheet metal or machining is essential