R&D Manager Mechanical Design Co Galway
Ref No: DT17727
County Galway, Republic of Ireland
R&D Department Manager - Mechanical Design
- In his scope of management i.e. the department of the Mechanical Engineering discipline:
- Hierarchically manage a group of engineers/technicians in the Mechanical Design Engineering discipline. Especially ensuring the right level of capabilities, competencies and expertise.
- Drive product technology development for Mechanical elements.
- Drive Product & Technology development within the Mechanical Engineering product scope.
- Manage team of team leaders/engineers and technicians (missions, objectives, mid and annual reviews, career evolutions).
- Allocate staff in the various projects form both direct and central service teams and support Project team in priorities management.
- Responsible for team recruitment in line with department plans/budget and resource footprint.
- Develop the team competency level to properly handle new/future projects and new/future Technologies.
- Ensure regular review of project activities and timing and support team members in overall task planning.
- Prepare Cost & Effort Estimation and time scheduling of projects/activities for new projects.
- Responsible for the Product Design – Mechanical Elements in alignment with overall product design concept
- Develop key technology roadmap for discipline aligned with overall product platform strategy.
- Support new business development by development and participation in presentations , proposals, concepts, demos etc.
- Drive Product & Technology Innovation and Patent creation.
Standards & Process
- Drive the development and release of standard, methods & tools within the Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Participate in Design Reviews and Platform reviews / DR0 reviews providing input/approval etc. ensuring functional, robust & competitive design
- Responsible to contribute to overall department, propose, review & track to ensure alignment and Propose yearly department equipment investment plan
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 10/15 years of experience in mechanical product development
- Electronic/Mechatronic Product development experience