Ref No: AM17524
Kildare, Co. Kildare, Ireland
SCADA Engineer - County Kildare.
In this role you will provide support, implementation, and maintenance of all SCADA installed systems throughout the country. The successful candidate will work as a part of a member of the service department on minor projects and reactive service works.
The ideal candidate should have strong debugging skills with a strong computer knowledge, with the ability to deal with customer queries while able to multitask.
The successful applicant will work on significant Telemetry and SCADA Projects. The applicant will be responsible for new builds and the support of the existing telemetry and SCADA infrastructure. Also providing ongoing support to service and project teams.
Primarily the post is office based but it is envisaged that the position will require occasional site visits as the applicant gains experience and knowledge of the products and install base.
• Design and build of SCADA systems.
• Drawing of graphics for relevant SCADA systems.
• Monitoring alarms for various SCADA systems.
• Manipulating and working with large datasets.
• Working with equipment connected to the SCADA systems such as dataloggers, routers etc.
• Setup and preparing of communication servers for use with SCADA systems.
• Liaising with customers to provide a good working relationship.
• Fielding calls from customers from a reactive standpoint.
• Quality control of each system that is delivered to site.
• Computer Science/Engineering Level 8 Degree or equivalent.
• Experience in SCADA graphical design
• Strong interest in automation engineering
• SCADA experience ICONICS, Intouch, Wonderware, WinCC, Citect SCADA, ONSPEC
• Strong understanding of industrial control systems would be an advantage but not essential. Should be willing to learn and capable of learning in live project environments
• Instrumentation & measurement experience a distinct advantage
• Experience of working with computer equipment and technology
• Previous relevant experience in Water/Power Systems an advantage
• Ability to show initiative and complete out on assigned tasks
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Must be highly proficient in spoken and written English
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to collaborate at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organisation, planning and team building skills
• Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship management skills
• Full, clean driving licence