Ref No: AM17463
Louth, Co. Louth, Ireland
Senior Electrical Engineer - County Louth.
This role involves engineering and project work in a heavy industry environment. In this capacity, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
• Actively lead electrical safety improvement projects and initiatives
• Work with 15 kV and 6 kV networks, low voltage networks, instrumentation and control systems
• Develop best practice preventative maintenance schedules for the electrical infrastructure
• Be proactive in working with the maintenance team on fault-finding on key equipment and systems
Drive implementation of modifications to solve issues or improve plant operations
• Design, plan and implement electrical projects, in collaboration with the engineering team.
• Preparation of Tender Documents for the supply and installation of equipment or services.
• Champion projects and initiatives to reduce specific electricity consumption and plant fixed load
• To oversee and develop the electrical documentation and drawings system
Survey existing electrical equipment with the aim of developing new projects for Capital Expenditure which will keep the plant in line with BAT and Energy Efficiency
Interested applicants should have:
• Appropriate degree qualification in Electrical Engineering.
• A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience
• Design, tendering, & contractor management experience an advantage
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
• Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
• Experience operating in a heavy industry environment an advantage.