Ref No: AM17481
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Senior Facilities Engineer - West Dublin.
This is a contract of 4 – 6 months' duration.
Reporting to the Site Technical Services Manager, this role will provide engineering expertise to the Facilities Team. The role will support the management of all maintenance activities for plant equipment and installations including all facilities and utilities services. Working with a talented and committed group of people, the Senior Facilities Engineer will also play a key role in the specification/procurement of plant/ancillary equipment and in leading an intensive initiative to improve energy efficiency.
Requirements for this role:
• An engineering degree or equivalent relevant engineering experience, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an Engineering or Facilities project role
• Proven experience in an EU GMP controlled environment
• Strong ‘hands on’ technical experience in facilities/services – chilled water, AHU’s, compressed air, electrical supplies
• Proven experience in the qualification, operation and maintenance of Grade C (or higher level) cleanrooms
• A good working knowledge of engineering drawings including plant design and utilities
• Experience in injection moulding and related equipment is an advantage
• Experience of a high-volume manufacturing environment is essential.
• Strong project management, influencing, negotiation and communication skills are also required.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the management of all site facilities and utilities including water supply, power supply, chillers, compressors, and air handling units.
• Working with the Site Technical Services Manager, co-ordinate the schedule of work for the facilities maintenance team.
• Management of all facilities planned preventative maintenance programmes and calibration.
• Coordinate and prepare installation and service schedules for all facilities equipment.
• Work to reduce downtime of all plant and production equipment due to unplanned maintenance.
• Specification and negotiation/procurement of critical plant, ancillary equipment and facilities upgrades.
• Budget preparation, procurement and control of spares inventory required for the facilities equipment.
• Management of third-party facilities maintenance contracts and service/equipment suppliers.
• Lead and participate in key cost and energy saving projects/initiatives.
• Work closely with the Quality & EHS Managers to identify and address all health, safety and environmental issues within the plant.
• Management of facility & maintenance systems to in-house quality compliance standards.