Ref No: AM17479
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Tooling and Moulding) - North Dublin.
We are recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a moulding and tool design background. As part of the Engineering team, you will be driving projects on complex medical device instruments.
The role requires an experienced mechanical engineer who can solve problems, enhance designs, provide solutions, and is a team player. The successful candidate will work on multiple sub-assemblies, these assemblies include various parts made from different resins and materials that are casted (sand, die) or injection moulded. You should have the ability to work with engineers, procurement, and vendors in designing new parts and improving the process of existing consumables or mechanical parts, recognising problems and finding solutions.
Interested applicants should have:
• Excellent knowledge of the design of tooling for injection moulded or casted parts.
• Have a material science background, understanding the complexity of moulding in achieving a consistent product all the time.
• Understand how to complete DOE’s to enhance processes and improve quality.
• Be able to complete a mould flow analysis identifying potential problems or weaknesses in a vendor’s tool design.
• Be able to problem solve to a solution, with a structured approach including, using the team, completing all associated planning and design validation activity required to achieve an outcome.
• Have an excellent knowledge of material resins, plastics and metals and understand how parts can be manufactured and assembled using DFM principals.
• Experienced CAD designer who has good PLM system knowledge (Siemens NX / Teamcenter would be an advantage). Have experience of GDT and applicable standards would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of the validation of design changes.
• Provide technical support to solving manufacturing or customer complaints.
• Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP's), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
• Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
• Work across technologies integrating with fluidics, electronics, optics and software.
You should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (Mechanical, Mechatronic Engineering or similar) with at least 8 years' relevant engineering experience in moulding.
• Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
• Very strong mechanical / electromechanical / systems design skills for both products and manufacturing fixtures.
• Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical troubleshooting