Ref No: AM16999
Louth, Co. Louth, Ireland
Senior Product Development Engineer - County Louth.
In this role you will support the development of state of the art water heating products. The main focus will be the development of a range of catering water heating products, instantaneous water heating systems and electric showers. A further key aspect is the support of manufacturing, after sales and product approvals.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Drive development of existing and new water heating products;
• Work with engineering, manufacturing and commercial colleagues to ensure timely project delivery;
• Assist with the development of appropriate test facilities;
• Support continuous improvement activity on the broader water heating range of products;
• Meet and exceed the quality standards as set down by the company, both in terms of design and service;
• Have a good understanding of the commercial aspect of projects, with an ability to estimate costs before projects start, and a sound ability to accurately cost a part;
• Responsible for all aspects of projects, from initial concept through to production;
• Ability to manage a small multi-disciplinary engineering team to ensure timely project delivery.
• Structured project progress reporting and budgeting.
Interested applicants should have:
• Third level degree in relevant Engineering discipline (or equivalent) with honours degree at 2.1 minimum grade
• At least 5 years' product design and development experience in a lead/senior role
• Comprehensive knowledge of sheet metal design and fabrication processes, plastics and associated manufacturing method
• Proficient at 3D Computer Aided Design, preferably Creo but others 3D systems will be considered
• Experience and knowledge of EN standards and directives and be able to demonstrate adherence to and application of them
• Experience developing electromechanical and hydraulic based systems.