Ref No: DT17890
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Software Engineer - Database Specialist.
Are you a Database Specialist with a proven background in dealing with extremely large datasets, designing suitable database architectures to support Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning endeavours to solve real problems?
Our client is establishing a new team in the domain of AI & ML to expand and complement the existing broad range of engineering competencies. The successful applicant will be a key member of this team responsible for harvesting data from diagnostic equipment in the field, manipulating this data and forming suitable data structures to facilitate AI / ML objectives.
The role within the team will involve a wide range of data driven projects that make real-time intelligent decisions to support next generation medical diagnostic equipment.
As a Senior Engineer you will be part of a fast grown highly innovative Engineering team working on complex medical device equipment.
The critical skills we are looking for:
• Extensive experience in developing and maintaining large database systems and management tools (SQL, Oracle etc.)
• Efficient scripting and writing queries to extract data from field instruments and populate database structures
• Complete installs, updates, and maintains computer databases
• Supports database performance by monitoring, evaluating, and resolving processing and programming problems
• Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures and implementing disaster recovery procedures
• Experience with a core software engineering language e.g. Python, C, C#, C++
• Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured approach
• Computer hardware and operating system knowledge
Interested applicants should have:
• Excellent knowledge of software and databases to support the extraction and manipulation of large datasets for use by the wider Engineering team
• Proven experience in the design and development of databases, queries, and scripting to support the ultimate implementation of high-quality on-time solutions
• High paced individual who can work in a cross-functional high-performing engineering team
• Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcome
• Excellent communications skills - written and verbal
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
• At least 5 years’ experience in Software Engineering – Database applications