Ref No: AM17741
County Waterford, Republic of Ireland
Senior Specialist - Technical Services (Facility Management): County Waterford.
In this role you will provide technical expertise and project leadership within a wide range of activities within the site, such as upgrades and expansion to the site involving mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and architectural changes. You will be responsible for day to day performance and delivery of facilities services including facility & GMP cleaning, site security, building and grounds maintenance & pest control. There will also be a strong requirement to work on technical systems, clean and black utilities, HVAC and energy management. You will need to own, lead, drive and provide technical direction to the team on a consistent basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Budget and Cost-
• Develop and manage Plant gowning and Manufacturing consumables budgets.
• Develop and co-ordinate capital forecasts across assigned projects and forecast expense budgets that are required in support of assigned capital programs
• Establish service contractor agreements, co-ordinate schedules, and monitor contractor performance & undertake cost analysis for facilities management and project works.
• Manage to completion installation projects, manufacturing equipment and utility system upgrades, continuous improvement, and energy improvement initiatives.
Facility and Asset Management-
• Provide leadership and technical support for commercial facility soft service contracts with the key service providers; GMP Cleaning, pest control, buildings and grounds maintenance, site security etc.
• Coordinate the multi-year facilities master plan and forecast key space requirements across various Plant areas.
• Program manage day to day activities to include coordination of office moves, consolidations, capacity management & space allocation
• Work with Facility service providers & suppliers to understand capabilities, create and manage documented workflows for Facilities service
• Act as SME for facility soft services & programs, support global pest control initiatives.
• Manage outside contractors involved in maintenance of facilities to ensure quality of work and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure that Health, Safety and environmental procedures related to the department are in place and being complied with.
• Assess, implement and follow-up on actions identified in Facilities services reports.
• Develop, issue and maintain key performance metrics for the Facilities services.
• Provide Engineering expertise to support delivery of the day to day planned and reactive activity
• Experience utilizing Lean six sigma principles, RCA’s and FMECA’s to identify the root cause of issues and evaluate related underlying issues. Quantify issues using 6 sigma tools Pareto and DMAIC.
• Support ongoing development of asset management strategy including the collection and analysis of data relating to asset condition, maintenance costs, reliability, risk and obsolescence, relevant asset management plans.
• Identify, propose, and promote opportunities to reduce cost.
Health, Safety & Engineering Quality Compliance-
• Be responsible for the daily management of site permit to work process, ensure correct work permits are always in place
• Ensure assigned projects are completed with proper regard for safety and regulatory compliance.
• Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc., and implement and follow-up related CAPA’s
• To maintain the compliance & validation state of equipment and ensure they are continually in a state of "Audit Readiness".
• Ensure compliance with all Global Engineering requirements as related to equipment maintenance functions.
• Create, modify and track change control documentation to equipment and facilities.
• Identify, propose and promote opportunities to reduce cost
Interested applicants should have:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required e.g. Automation, Mechanical, Manufacturing or electrical
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Facility or Maintenance Engineering teams, preferably in a manufacturing GMP environment.
• Knowledge and experience of CMMS systems is essential, ideally SAP.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with site stakeholders including Production, Quality and Global Engineering.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working in a GMP regulated manufacturing environment.
• Experience in executing and developing projects and programs on schedule and on budget.
• Negotiation experience in facilities contracts.