Ref No: DT18045
County Westmeath, Republic of Ireland
We are seeking an experienced Toolmaker for this senior position. You must be experienced in Injection Mould Toolmaking for high precision cavity moulds.
This permanent and fulltime role involves maintaining and repairing all moulds, jigs and fixtures in a high-volume injection moulding manufacturing facility. In addition, the Senior Toolmaker will take a lead role in the Toolroom and will have responsibility for the manufacture and repair of jigs and fixtures and spare parts for injection moulds.
• Repair and maintain high-precision moulds, including multi-cavity moulds, twin shot 2K moulds, hot runner moulds, stack tools etc.
• Troubleshoot and solve technical problems
• Identify and implement action plans in order to improve functionality / productivity of tools on site
• Participate in and support validation of new products and equipment as required. Support new tool builds, tool acceptance and tool validations with the NPI team
• Perform root cause investigation as required and support corrective actions to analyze quality and process problems.
• Source and control outsource vendors as needed to support the toolroom workload
• Identify and generate opportunities for continuous improvement, working closely with Production, Engineering and Quality teams.
• Ensure compliance with Quality and ISO standards and a safe working environment is maintained.
• Toolmaking qualification
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent working knowledge of injection moulding tooling
• Trouble shooting skills
• Good interpersonal, teamwork, IT and communication skills
• A results-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics would be an advantage.