Ref No: AM17330
Waterford, Co. Waterford, Ireland
Sliding Head/Swiss Turning Machinist - County Waterford.
In this role you will be responsible for the manufacture of product and the setting of repeat product on sliding-head machines.
You should be able to support the programming, setting, and proving out of new products. You will be expected to achieve defined set-up times and cycle times, and in cases where this is not achieved to work with Manufacturing Engineering to close the gap.
Interested applicants should have:
At least 5 years' experience on sliding head/swiss turning CNC machines
At least 5 years' experience in manufacturing
Setting and programming experience/knowledge
Experience working with tight tolerances
1. Ensure that machine is operated in a safe manner in accordance with operating manual.
2. Ensure coolant and oil levels are maintained.
3. Set up repeat jobs in line with work instructions.
4. Adhere to set up times and if you cannot meet the times inform Section Team Leader.
5. Set up new jobs in line with customer requirements and internal SOPs
6. Program new work in line with customer requirements and internal SOPs.
7. Support engineering with the planning of processes on new or changed product.
8. Conduct manufacturing reviews of new drawings as part of Engineering Review.
9. Feedback to Manufacturing Engineering and contribute to root cause analysis of manufacturing issues as and when required.
10. Ensure cycle times are within acceptable limits and report to Supervisor if they are not.
11. Ensure that all products are measured and recorded in line with all requirements.
12. Constantly monitor product and address any and all non-conformances.
13. Maintain high standard of housekeeping and be proactive on H&S issues.
14. Adhere to cGMP standards and continually ensure that SOP's are followed.
15. Keep self up to date with relevant SOP's and work practices.
16. Train new employees on set-ups.
17. Participate in process design, development, testing, and R&D activities.
18. Contribute to PFMEA's and development of validated processes.