Ref No: AM17520
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
TEST AND PROJECT ENGINEER - WEST DUBLIN.
Our client manufactures fluid control products. We seek an engineer specialising in the assembly and test of fluid control components to provide ongoing support to the company's production team. Support work to production projects is required in the form of formal test work (mechanical, functional, vibration, thermal environment), assembly work, preparation of test plans and reports, and maintenance of the test facility and equipment.
A key skill in this role is good practical engineering judgement with attention to detail and a focus on accuracy. The successful candidate should demonstrate competence in executing complex assembly and test operations to defined procedures. Strong interpersonal skills are important, as is an ability to readily communicate with other departments, intra-company personnel, customers and suppliers.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will have a mechanical and instrumentation engineering ‘hands-on’ background and ideally come from a fluid control components production or development environment. The candidate should be fully competent in the structured test and development of fluid control components. The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of basic fluid dynamics, along with the ability to apply a methodical approach to identifying faults or non-conformances in a test environment and assist in the resolution of test failures and implement corrective actions.
The candidate will work closely with others as part of a multi-disciplined team.
The successful candidate will perform some or all of the following functions on an ongoing basis:
• Assemble complex electro-mechanical assemblies to defined procedures, and assist others in assembly operations
• Define test plans and execute test programs of fluid control components in accordance with existing test procedures
• Collaborate with engineering team to develop test methodologies and develop an understanding of test requirements
• Interpretation of technical specifications and requirements
• Compile test procedures and work instructions
• Analyse test results and provide feedback to customers and the Engineering team
• Identify and highlight faults or non-conformances in a test environment and assist in resolution of test failures and implement corrective actions.
• Troubleshoot and carry out technical investigations and provide data for problem assessment
• Maintain full and accurate records of work carried out
• Test rig design and specification
• Connect and configure instrumentation (for pressure, temperature, voltage, current, flow) and equipment for test operations
• Data Acquisition (NI Labview) and instrumentation interface configuration
• Generation of Technical documentation, Test Specifications/Reports
Interested applicants should have:
Honours Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Mechatronic or similar Engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant industrial experience, or an Ordinary Degree/Diploma level with a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience.
Knowledge of programming and operating data acquisition systems and associated software (e.g. LabView) and instrumentation is required.
Knowledge of fluid control using valves, regulators, filters and process pipework is required.
Experience with assembly and inspection of small, delicate, and high precision assemblies is desirable.
A familiarity with the development and test of valves and fluid control products is an advantage.