Ref No: AM17210
Co. Dublin, Ireland
EHS (Process) Engineer - Dublin. Pharmaceuticals sector.
We seek an experienced EHS Engineer who will have a solid technical and scientific background, and ideally pharmaceutical plant experience (or similar).
In this role, you will have the capability to participate in detailed risk assessments/process safety reviews for existing hazardous processes, new product introductions, & engineering capital projects. Attention to detail and sound scientific problem solving will be fundamental to this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Develop & lead Process Safety Program on site to define best practice for individual operations/engineering design with respect to Process Safety/ ATEX and Machinery Safety, and industrial hygiene requirements.
· Training of employees, managers and supervisors on the implementation of the process safety program.
· Collaborate with Departments in the development of the ATEX Site Program and Explosion protection document and associated drawings and training.
· Develop & lead HAZOP/ process risk assessments plan.
· Support the engineering department in the application of Process Safety elements as per the project development stages for both capital Projects and New Process Introduction, and development of EHS related project handover documentation.
· Lead and support on site audits, to ensure compliance with applicable process safety requirements, ISO Standards and global programs/policies, utilising best industrial practices and best available techniques to identify and manage risk, and conform to company directives and standards.
· Complete and review process safety incident investigation and risk assessment screening for management of change.
· Collect process safety metrics, develop site dashboard for key program, monitor EHS improvement of assigned processes.
· Champion a culture of Process Safety excellence, and manage and eradicate EHS operational risks and hazards to ensure an accident/ hazard free work environment.
· Work together with managers/supervisors when co-ordinating investigation of incidents and injuries to achieve accurate and timely completion.
· Responsible for continual improvements on the environmental footprint and increase sustainability.
· Provide feedback on operational safety and environmental performance regularly and ensure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed.
· Collaboratively work with specific departments to provide instruction and training to supervisors on EHS Program initiatives, and support on implementation of EHS Management system. Track all corrective measures to ensure they are effective and completed speedily.
Interested applicants should have experience of:
• New Product Introduction (NPI), Engineering Capital Projects, EHS Change Management
• Process Safety Management, Hazard identification and Risk Assessment, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), and Layer of Protection Assessment (LoPA), Inert Gas, Atex Area Classification. Machinery Safety Risk assessments and CE marking.
• Chemical Safety
• Environmental Management – energy, sustainability programs.
You should have:
· A degree in Chemical Engineering or another relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
· At least 3-5 years' related industry experience (pharmaceutical experience is an advantage).
· Demonstrated experience in process safety and process safety management systems.
· Training or experience with PHA an advantage
· Working experience as a Process/Project Engineer in a chemical or pharmaceutical setting.
· Experience working within a regulatory environment
· Positive track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external clients and customers.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with peers and customers.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Ability to influence and motivate peers, management and external vendors.
· Be able to build partnerships & work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· Strong communication skills including written and verbal skills.
· Ability to work well with other technical staff in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment