Ref No: DT17836
County Offaly, Republic of Ireland
Environmental Technician - County Offaly.
Job duties include:
• Implementing Environmental Management systems, laboratory systems & SAP laboratory systems, waste register, training programmes.
• Working within the site’s Environmental Laboratory, testing and analysing samples to verify compliance with the site’s Industrial Emission (IE) licence. Maintenance of paperwork, including Quality Control Manual.
• Odour Management, Noise Management and Water Management
• Collating and maintaining data in accordance with the site IE licence.
• Environmental reporting as part of the site management structure.
• Technical reporting to EPA, Annual Environmental Reporting, Repak statistical reporting, presentation skills.
• Waste & sludge management.
• Communications - dealing with EPA Inspectors, County Council Officials, Bord Bia in relation to Origin Green requirements, local stakeholders and other third party visits as necessary.
• Implementation of IE Licence requirements ensuring compliance, identifying best practice and maintaining a good working relationship with the EPA.
• Maintain current energy data monitoring system and working with the Site Management to identify potential energy saving projects.
• Supporting continuous improvement and leading Environmental Department daily performance review meetings and driving improvements of targeted KPI's.
Interested applicants should have:
• A third level science-based qualification, preferably with an Environmental Science component
• Experience in a laboratory setting is an advantage
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, the opportunity to join the company pension scheme, and will be given a specific training and development programme to optimise his/her potential.
Interested applicants must have an interest in environmental topics and be technically competent in a scientific field, with good communication, technical reporting and systems skills.
You should be flexible, and enjoy a changing work environment across a broad environmental field.