Ref No: AM17779
County Wexford, Republic of Ireland
Graduate QHSE Assistant – County Wexford.
This is a fixed-term contract to run from November 2022 to May 2023.
This position will suit a Health and Safety graduate looking to gain valuable experience in the field.
This person will provide support to the QHSE Manager to ensure requirements are implemented and meet regulatory compliance as well as driving QHSE improvements.
• Gathering, inputting, analysing, and presenting QHSE related data.
• Maintenance of the QHSE Management databases and Document Control System.
• Compile reports as required for QHSE Manager.
• Supporting the QHSE Manager to ensure Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions, and risk assessments are documented and reviewed and communicated to workplaces.
• Maintain Environmental Register of Legislation
• Undertake administration of QHSE related incidents/accidents/events as part of the Safety Management System and logging details of same
• Support the development and implementation of the QHSE Audit /Inspection Schedule and ensure corrective actions/opportunities for improvements are logged and actioned within a designated timeframe. Assist with auditing in related departments and operations where required.
• Observe operations and identify risk and procedure gaps.
Interested applicants should have:
• Have or be working towards a relevant qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Must be familiar with data gathering, logging, analysing, identifying trends and presentation of same.
• Have excellent IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft based packages
• Hold excellent oral and written communication skills
• Have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to work on own initiative as required and work as part of the QHSE Team to promote QHSE information sharing
• Experience or knowledge of working to ISO standard requirements relating to Quality, Health and Safety and Environment and their implementation as part of Integrated Management systems an advantage
• Knowledge of auditing techniques in relation to QHSE requirements