Health & Safety Advisor - Dublin 15
Ref No: dt17900
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Health & Safety Advisor - Dublin 15
We are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join a busy multinational Logistics Firm based out of Dublin 15. This is an exciting role within a large company with chance to progress and forward your career.
Provide competent Health and Safety advice to the Control Towers management team with respect to the legal requirements in all countries where the Control Towers operates within their contracts. Accountable for ensuring compliance with the QSHE Management Systems and ISO standards (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, and AS9120). Develop and coordinate the development of any local SSoW based on the current documented risk assessment processes within the QSHE Management System.
- Advise and support the business to achieve the necessary level of competence and capability to identify positive opportunities and manage QHSE risks achieving continuous improvement within the scope of the global contract and local legal requirements.
- Manage and identify actions for incidents (including personal injury, product damage, environment) and non-compliance with Company Standards.
- Raise awareness with all colleagues to encourage QSHE accountability and drive a positive culture.
- Identify best industry practice to drive continuous improvement with the scope of the contract.
- Identify QSHE elements of colleagues and contractors training and competency requirements associated with the contractual arrangements.
- Maintain and implement QSHE standards with subcontractors.
- Support and drive investigations following incidents, accidents and near misses including reporting under RIDDOR or other statutory reporting requirements in other countries where contract operates.
- Analyse data from reporting processes and business objectives to identify trends and provide potential improvement solutions
- Monitor, evaluate and review processes making recommendations and implementing new processes and procedures where required.
- Manage the audit process to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the health and safety procedures used within the contract, identifying and implementing improvements.
- Proactively participate in regular QSHE Committee meetings
- Contractor liaison and management
- Advise senior management of the implications of current and emerging QSHE legislation in line with the contract, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating plans to ensure compliance across any local country legislation where services implemented.
- Track record of people-management. This role will have a H&S coordinator reporting into it.
- Annual project/s will be set at the beginning of the year to be completed at the end of the year.
- Be involved in planning initiatives to communicate and raise QSHE awareness across the business.
- To abide to the Compliance Policies and Procedures of the Company.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Take reasonable care of your own and other peoples Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Report hazards in your work or in your work environment that may be putting your or anyone else’s Health & Safety at risk.
- Liaise with the Occupational Health provider when a requirement is identified.
- In addition to this you are required to carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by your Manager.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a H&S management role
- Conversant with the relevant ISO Standards
- Sound technical understanding of current legislation and regulations – UK, IE and globally
- NEBOSH diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Has (or working towards) CMIOSH or equivalent.
- Has (or working towards) a base qualification in other disciplines, e.g Environment, lead auditor.
- Has good working knowledge and understanding of business processes,e.g. finance, bid, commercial and operational delivery
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (excel, word) required.
- Full clean driver’s license with the capability of regular travelling around Europe.
Personal Qualities Required
- A passion for excellence and a commitment to be the best.
- High levels of energy, sound judgement, and determination to achieve with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- An open-minded consultative approach.
- Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
- Ability to creatively solve problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong Customer Service skills are essential.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage high workloads in challenging situations and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make considered and consistent decisions