Health & Safety Co-ordinator - County Cavan.
Ref No: SF17262
County Cavan, Ireland
Health & Safety Co-ordinator - County Cavan.
We are recruiting a Health & Safety Co-ordinator to work with the management team in the development and ongoing implementation of the (RMS).
The role of the HSC will be to become a team member in the health & safety department and support the site production management and supervisory team in the elimination, reduction, and control of hazards to people, process, and property by maintaining & developing the RMS.
As HSC, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with health & safety & welfare legislation and guidelines. Your main goal will be to support and work with the site management team in ensuring a safe work environment with safe practices, and the prevention of accidents and injuries to employees.
In this HSC role the completion and review of risk assessments, SOP’s, training, pre-start inspections, accident, near miss investigation and case management, PPE compliance and contractor control in conjunction with area production managers, supervisors and engineering personnel will form a key aspect of your responsibilities.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Report to the Risk Manager on site
Be aware of current and new legislation, COP’s, standards, and guidelines and refer to these where required in risk assessments & SOP’s.
- Maintaining, developing, communicating, and enforcing RMS related policies, procedures, and forms
Work with and support site departmental teams (production managers & supervisors) in the update of, execution and compliance with RMS requirements such as:
- Health & safety & welfare committee
- Management review
- Risk assessment update & compliance
- Pre-start planned inspection completion & actioned
- Standard operating procedures update & compliance
- Accident & near miss investigation & close out
- Case management & liaising with insurer
- Emergency response preparation, training, and drills
- Permit to work procedures, forms, and compliance
- Training administration & delivery (internal & statutory)
- Work with HR to induct and train new employees on site and process safety
- PPE use and compliance
- Occupational health hazard identification, measurement & control
- Communications & team briefs
- Contractor control (induction, insurance, RAMS & training)
- Behavior based safety compliance acknowledgement & discipline
- Provide weekly reports regarding RMS development, practice, and compliance with advice on necessary controls to reduce and eliminate safety risks and non-compliance issues.
Health & Safety Coordinator will be required to:
- Attend management daily review meeting (DRM) on a weekly basis to give an update on site risk
management control including accidents, completion of investigation reports, near misses,
planned inspections, immediate hazard issues, training, behavior-based safety, and compliance
issues from weekly report.
- Work with training department and department managers in training out risk assessments and
SOP’s to all operators with verification of competence, and records of this training
- Work with project management and optimisation team to ensure active change management with
risk assessment of new machines, new lines and processes, the change of existing lines &
process layouts and process optimisation work to ensure a safe work environment is delivered
- Work with production managers & supervisors to acknowledge and monitor compliance
with safe work practices and procedures to ensure all the employees are acting in adherence with
H&S&W rules and regulations
- Ensure accident & near miss investigation procedures are followed and completed in full by
supervisors and production managers in a timely manner with records and incident details
maintained in the case management file.
- Liaise with official regulatory bodies (Health & Safety Authority) and insurers on H&S&W matters
and report accidents with >3-day days lost time to the H.S.A., and record details of and report all
site accidents to the site’s insurer
Interested applicants should have:
- BSc/Diploma in health & safety, food science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience in an health and safety role or similar position, ideally within a production environment
- Knowledge of health, safety and welfare regulations, guidelines, COP’s, and best practices
- Working knowledge and ability to operate, maintain, and develop a site risk management system
- Experience in writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Proficient in MS Office - PowerPoint, Excel, and safety management software
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships across all departments
- Good communication, advisory and influencing skills
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Good time-management, organizational and problem-solving skills
Your ICDS Consultant