Ref No: AM17262
County Cavan, Ireland
Health & Safety Co-ordinator - County Cavan.
We are recruiting a Health & Safety Co-ordinator to work with the management team in the development and ongoing implementation of the (RMS).
The role of the HSC will be to become a team member in the health & safety department and support the site production management and supervisory team in the elimination, reduction, and control of hazards to people, process, and property by maintaining & developing the RMS.
As HSC, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with health & safety & welfare legislation and guidelines. Your main goal will be to support and work with the site management team in ensuring a safe work environment with safe practices, and the prevention of accidents and injuries to employees.
In this HSC role the completion and review of risk assessments, SOP’s, training, pre-start inspections, accident, near miss investigation and case management, PPE compliance and contractor control in conjunction with area production managers, supervisors and engineering personnel will form a key aspect of your responsibilities.
Core duties and responsibilities.
Report to the Risk Manager on site
Be aware of current and new legislation, COP’s, standards, and guidelines and refer to these where required in risk assessments & SOP’s.
Maintaining, developing, communicating, and enforcing RMS related policies, procedures, and forms
Work with and support site departmental teams (production managers & supervisors) in the update of, execution and compliance with RMS requirements.
• Health & safety & welfare committee
• Management review
• Risk assessment update & compliance
• Pre-start planned inspection completion & actioned
• Standard operating procedures update & compliance
• Accident & near miss investigation & close out
• Case management & liaising with insurer
• Emergency response preparation, training, and drills
• Permit to work procedures, forms, and compliance
• Training administration & delivery (internal & statutory)
• Work with HR to induct and train new employees on site and process safety
• PPE use and compliance
• Occupational health hazard identification, measurement & control
• Communications & team briefs
• Contractor control (induction, insurance, RAMS & training)
• Behavior based safety compliance acknowledgement & discipline
Provide weekly report regarding RMS development, practice, and compliance with advice on necessary controls to reduce and eliminate safety risks and non-compliance issues.
Health & Safety Coordinator
Attend management daily review meeting (DRM) on a weekly basis to give an update on site risk
management control including accidents, completion of investigation reports, near misses,
planned inspections, immediate hazard issues, training, behavior-based safety, and compliance
issues from weekly report.
Work with training department and department managers in training out risk assessments and
SOP’s to all operators with verification of competence, and records of this training
Work with project management and optimiaation team to ensure active change management with
risk assessment of new machines, new lines and processes, the change of existing lines &
process layouts and process optimisation work to ensure a safe work environment is delivered
Work with production managers & supervisors to acknowledge and monitor compliance
with safe work practices and procedures to ensure all the employees are acting in adherence with
H&S&W rules and regulations
Ensure accident & near miss investigation procedures are followed and completed in full by
supervisors and production managers in a timely manner with records and incident details
maintained in the case management file.
Liaise with official regulatory bodies (Health & Safety Authority) and insurers on H&S&W matters
and report accidents with >3-day days lost time to the H.S.A., and record details of and report all
site accidents to the site’s insurer
Interested applicants should have:
• BSc/Diploma in health & safety, food science, engineering, or a related discipline
• Experience in an health and safety role or similar position, ideally within a production environment
• Knowledge of health, safety and welfare regulations, guidelines, COP’s, and best practices
• Working knowledge and ability to operate, maintain, and develop a site risk management system
• with experience in writing policies and procedures for health and safety
• Proficient in MS Office - PowerPoint, Excel, and safety management software
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with
• employees, supervisors, and production managers
• Good communication, advisory and influencing skills
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Good time-management, organizational and problem-solving skills