Ref No: AM17464
County Louth, Republic of Ireland
Health and Safety Officer - County Louth.
This is a full-time position for a fixed-term contract period of 2 years.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Health & Safety Manager and be responsible for the following:
• Perform daily job audits to monitor compliance with health and safety policy.
• Coach employees and contractors at the job site on risk evaluation and reduction.
• Work with the team to drive awareness and improvement throughout the plant in the areas of Health, Safety and Welfare.
• Advise management on the actions needed to reduce the levels of occupational risk.
• Document and enhance job specific Risk Assessments with the relevant teams.
• Develop accident reduction and prevention programmes.
• Enhance procedures for dealing with contractors coming on to the site.
• Complete induction programmes for contractors & staff coming on site.
• Continuously review Health & Safety Policy / Safety Statements and recommend revisions / amendments as appropriate.
• Design and deliver Toolbox Talks.
• Participate in and ensure that an effective consultation mechanism is maintained within the company for health and safety.
Interested applicants should have:
• Degree level qualification with a diploma or equivalent in Health and Safety.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in an industrial or construction environment.
• Knowledge of industrial processes and systems.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong IT skills.
• Knowledge of ISO 18001 (45001) an advantage.