Ref No: AM17661
County Offaly, Republic of Ireland
Health, Safety & Risk Manager - County Offaly.
In this role you will ensure that the site complies with all Health, Safety & Welfare legislation and relevant codes of practice. You will ensure that H&S, Risk Management and Loss Control is top of the management agenda throughout all departments/areas. You will develop, update and monitor H&S policies and procedures that ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines and regulations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Attend department Lean PIT meetings on a regular basis and provide support and direction to Site management in achieving the highest possible level of safety to achieve operational effectiveness throughout the various departments/areas.
2. Assist in review and development of site communications on a daily/ weekly basis including updating information on Canteen boards / Health and safety notice boards on a daily/weekly basis.
3. Assist in Lean Continuous Improvement within departments and encourage employee involvement by utilising Lean Manufacturing tools & techniques. Champion Lean H&S projects throughout each department.
4. Liaise and work with Department Managers and Maintenance on introducing preventative measures to minimise risk and control loss.
5. Carry out accident investigation and corrective action measures with Department Managers.
6. Update and develop risk assessments and SOP's throughout each department/area
7. Assertively enforce corporate safety policies in all departments/areas
o assist with the development of accident prevention and compliance programs
o assist in risk identification and take appropriate action to minimise risks identified
o ensure that the PPE policy is enforced at all times.
o conduct formal and informal regular safety audits, walks and safety talks with Department Managers/Supervisors and Staff.
8. Develop, monitor and control weekly KPI’s in regard to Health and Safety, communicate weekly updates on various communication boards to reflect these KPI’s.
9. Attend Group Health and Safety Task Force meeting and assist in the development of a H&S agenda at a group level
10. Work with Managers in relation to all projects to ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & Welfare standards and legislation.
11. Ensure contractor control procedures and compliance are established and monitored at a site level.
12. Ensure compliance in regard to statutory bodies – Health and Safety Authority and ensure that Insurance/Risk Management procedures and guidelines are adhered too.
13. Monitor each department’s processes to ensure that operators are trained in correct SOP’s
14. Ensure safety training records are updated on the Work Force Management System.
15. Implementation of the Risk Management System at the site to the agreed level and work with Management to progress the RRMS.
16. Identify all Heath, Safety & Welfare training needs for the Site