Ref No: AM17261
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Senior EHS Officer - pharmaceuticals sector.
In this role you will support the EHS Manager in working towards the company goal of holistic safety and wellbeing with adherence to all environmental, safety and health legislation.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Legislative and procedural review
• Environmental management including waste control
• Co-ordination of operational risk assessments
• Accident and incident investigation
• Auditing and inspections
• Increasing the safety awareness of all staff through promotion and training
• Emergency response
• Pandemic controls
• Site security
• Conducting various EHS training modules with staff (e.g. Manual Handling and Onboarding)
• Deployment of wellbeing programmes
Interested applicants should have:
•A Degree (Hons) in an Environmental and/or Health & Safety discipline
•At least 5 years’ relevant experience, working in a manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical environment.
•Experience of Integrated Management Systems, including ISO 50001.
•Conversant with national and European HSE legislation
•Experience in auditing and inspections
•Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential. The ability to develop effective relationships with staff at all levels across the organisation.
•Excellent report writing and communication skills.
•Experience in management of potent materials would be an advantage.
•Experience of handling controlled substances in a contained environment would be an advantage.