Ref No: AM16891
Cork, Co. Cork, Ireland
Total Waste Management Operative - Cork.
In this role you will have responsibility for the operational waste management at the site to ensure that movement of waste takes place correctly and as contractually established between the company and the customer. Ensuring collection and transport of waste onsite and from the customer site to the end destination is conducted in an efficient manner and compliant manner.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Handling the in-house pick-up of diverse waste at the site and bring this to a central location.
• Loading and unloading activities.
• Treating the waste so that it can be further transported to the processing facility: sorting, packing, bulking, re-packaging.
• Managing the identification and storage of the waste at the stocking location for this purpose, in accordance with the prevailing regulations.
• Conduct inventory management of empty containers to ensure stock is never depleted.
• Preparing waste so that it can be safely and properly loaded for transport.
• Responsible for the planning and registration of waste removal such that the processing takes place according to agreements with the customer.
• Handling the administration such that the transport can take place properly and on time.
• Comply with safety procedures and instructions in order to ensure a safe workplace for all.
• Maintaining an orderly and tidy workplace.
• Regular communication with Line Manager
Interested applicants should have:
• Minimum Leaving cert or equivalent
• At least 1-2 years' experience in waste management or relevant waste experience in Pharma/Production, Petrochemical or similar environments.
• Forklift licence required
• Be able to work well on your own or as part of a team
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Safe Pass (desirable but not essential as training will be provided)
• Chemical awareness an advantage