Ref No: AM17864
County Wexford, Republic of Ireland
Laboratory Analyst - County Wexford.
This is a shift position, and the hours of work will be Monday to Friday 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm (alternate weeks).
This role will perform basic testing of raw materials, in-process products and finished goods at a high level of throughput using the required chemical, analytical and sensorial methodology according to quality guidelines, and to report results. The successful candidate will operate and assist in the evaluation, calibration and validation of analytical testing instrumentation. They will also initiate continuous improvement (OE) within lab operations to enhance quality and service while reducing the costs. This position will be required to work on a shift pattern.
• Perform basic and complex testing of raw materials, in-process products and finished goods at a high level of throughput.
• Interpret data from routine analysis to validate that material meets specification.
• Interpret data, review and authorise routine sample release.
• Participate in various duties to ensure laboratory operation.
• Carry out instrument verifications, calibrations, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
• Participate in method validations and method improvement projects.
• Ensure self and team compliance to quality management system requirements through training, documentation, quality records and audits.
• Initiate continuous improvement (OE) within lab operations to enhance quality and service while reducing the costs.
Experience and Qualifications sought:
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or equivalent is required (Level 8)
• At least 2 years' relevant experience in laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry
• Applicants should have basic knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS), demonstrated attention to detail, strong teamwork, excellent communication, strategic thinking, and ability to innovate.