Merchandising Category Specialist - North Dublin
Ref No: DT17756ay
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Merchandising Category Specialist
Now, we’re looking for a Merchandising Category Specialist to join the team. This role will play a key part in the overall growth of the organisation along with helping to maintain the core ethos keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Merchandising Category Specialist will assist with the procurement process, including day to day vendor management, terms negotiation and vendor supply / service level.
The role requires a candidate who will understand the requirements of each vendor and proactively manages that relationship to ensure it reaches its full potential.
- Provide day-to-day support in the management of supplier communication, including query resolution for stakeholders within the business in relation to vendor/items etc.
- Act as day-to-day liaison with Supply Chain
- Support on the negotiation of contracts/agreements with vendors
- This includes tenders, vendor compliance, new vendor set up
- Providing support to the Sales Team on customer/external tenders as appropriate
- Liaise with other departments as required
- Review and monitor framework risks. Lead & support the development of mitigation plans to address these risks where possible
- Support in the identification and selection of vendors.
- Working closely with Category management team on sourcing, category strategy, supplier negotiations, supplier selection, supplier approval and supplier onboarding
- Ensure that inbound service levels are on or above target
- Attend Sales training sessions & meetings as required
- Ensure that you product and price file is continuously and accurately maintained
- Act as point of contact for DSMs and ASMs
- Act as escalation point for Demand Planners
- Monitor and maintain our database including Tas, COIs, etc to ensure that all records are fully up to date & accurate and compliant with for audit traceability
- Work with vendors to ensure vendor compliance, product availability and service level
- Third Level Degree in a Business / Procurement / Food related discipline is desirable
- High level of commercial expertise with relevant experience within the Food industry
- Results-based with a demonstrated track record of applying financial, commercial or procurement skills to a range of business-related objectives
- A proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel to intermediate-advanced level is a minimum requirement
- Full clean B driving license
- The role may involve travel, so a degree of flexibility is required
- Understanding Your Customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals.
- Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
- Building Effective Relationships – Is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
- Communication & Listening – Exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settlings and style.
- Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.