Procurement Manager- Cavan
Ref No: SF17336
County Cavan, Republic of Ireland
Procurement Manager- Cavan
As Procurement Manager, you will be fully accountable for all Procurement related activities. You will be a key member of the Supply Chain Leadership Team responsible for leading out the Supply Chain strategy for the business. The role requires delivery of the annual Procurement targets in line with the clients Evolution Programme as well as supporting the other Supply Chain focus areas of S&OP and Logistics in delivering their targets.
The company will look to you to be a trusted, decisive, high performing, customer-focused, cost-conscious and employee-empowering leader. As Procurement Manager, you will carefully balance the need to motivate your wider team to implement senior management decisions and initiatives, not all of which will be popular.
You will balance taking control on occasions that need such an approach, but more often you will lead through your Procurement Team and the wider internal stakeholder group, empowering them to make decisions within parameters that are relevant to their role, their skill set, their experience and their potential. This demands a level of maturity, self-assurance and political astuteness to know how best to handle valid issues that need to be brought to the attention of the senior team to tackle with implementing company strategy and initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and facilitate applicable and relevant Category Management Reviews, focussing on the delivery of the annual targets.
- Focus on Contract Management & Supplier Relationships.
- Measure and track internal performance within each spend category by tracking forecasted vs actual savings and budget impact for a portfolio of categories.
- Capture and deliver on-time reports supporting Key Performance Indicators for internal and corporate purchasing dashboards.
- Ensure compliance of the procurement function with applicable company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Overall responsibility for Stores Function (has Category Manager as direct report).
- Work closely with Procurement Group seeking synergies and best practice where possible.
- Partner with key business managers and develop strong professional relationships with them.
- Challenge status quo and highlight potential areas to improve right across the business.
- Support the Supply Chain Director with timely and accurate information supported by an in depth understanding of the drivers behind this data.
- Support the Supply Chain team in various value enhancing programmes in the areas of S&OP and Logistics.
- Lead or support various Supply Chain workstreams in areas such as Inventory Management, Mass (meat) Balance, SKU Management and Production Planning & Scheduling.
- Challenge the status quo in Supply Chain and take the initiative to examine the potential for value to be delivered through data analysis and insights garnered from internal and external stakeholders.
- Take the lead and be a team member in various projects.
- Use the project delivery methodology and processes currently being used to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- You will be charged with empowering your team to take full ownership of their space and motivate them to deliver results that directly impact the clients bottom line and future success.
- Lead your team and behave in a manner that supports and demonstrates our Company values, Challenge, Sense of Urgency & Openness.
- Engage proactively with peers to share and get best practice on processing related matters.
- Work collaboratively and support other function heads in processing to achieve overall company goals & objectives.
- Create and manage developmental plans for direct reports.
- Create and support annual succession plans for key employees in your department with support from HR.
- Work with the senior team to change the business culture as per agreed company-wide initiatives.
- Develop succession paths at all levels in their direct control.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in procurement practices (contract management, Supplier Relationship Management, negotiation, data analysis, etc.).
- Experience in leading a team and managing people effectively.
- Experience in the FMCG sector preferably in meat processing/poultry.
- Minimum of an Honours degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline.
Skills & Competencies:
- Highly analytical with the ability to simplify complex data into manageable and presentable forms.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best as part of a cohesive, cooperative group effort.
- An ambassador for change and develops and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Promotes confidence and positive attitude through honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Builds and maintains relationships with others at all levels to develop mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Uses diplomacy, tact and interpersonal skills to support others in reaching consensus.
- Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts in a manner that will constructively persuade, convince, and influence others.
- Demonstrates effective use of listening and questioning skills while displaying openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Effectively, fairly and transparently manages all people, financial and business resources in line with company goals, policies and procedures.
- The ability to make informed, effective and timely decisions in a manner that is both collaborative & empowering to employees and inclusive of internal and external customer needs.
- The ability to understand and consider the Supply Chain function's long-term vision and objectives when carrying out and overseeing its delivery.
- Communicates ideas and information in an engaging manner.
- Works cooperatively with others and builds relationships within and outside of the organisation.
Apply below or contact Sean Fitzsimons at ICDS Recruitment for more details & to discuss the position in confidence
Your ICDS Consultant