Ref No: AM17521
County Offaly, Republic of Ireland
Production Performance Manager.
Our client seeks to employ a Production Performance Manager to work with its Management Team across all of its locations.
The role is a senior position within the business.
There is flexibility as to where the successful candidate might be based, given that the role involves travel to all owned sites and to a number of contract sites around Ireland.
The Performance Manager will operate with the support of the HR Manager, Environmental Manager and H&S Officer to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental and statutory requirements and to lead the culture of Continuous Improvement/Lean.
The main responsibilities include:
• Managing all production aspects at all sites, both owned and contract.
• Preparing and implementing an effective continuous improvement strategy for the Group.
• Evaluating physical performance against best practice and ensuring standards are progressed to achieve best practice.
• Leading analysis and development projects to improve performance and health of livestock.
• Preparation and delivery of an annual production budget
• Prepare a cap-ex budget annually for the upgrade of sites.
• Leading development on diet formulation to maximise growth, reproduction, health and performance.
• Working with the existing farm staff to deliver continuous improved performance.
• Implementing a standardised best practice work routine and livestock flow rotation across all farms.
• Implementing a fit for purpose training programme for existing and new farm staff to align with the Farms Performance Objectives.
Interested applicants should have:
• Technical and practical competence, as well as the ability to make sound business decisions
• Previous experience in a similar production performance role in any industry, and a formal qualification is greatly valued.
• A proven track record in managing staff performance to deliver KPI’s to budget.
The role will involve travel to all owned sites and to a number of contract rearing sites around Ireland. You should ideally have production performance analysis/improvement experience. This role is a performance improvement one: following up on KPI's, driving the production process to achieve optimum performance on the farms; looking at nutrition, feed conversion rates, farms structure, farms processes, movement through the stages etc., and then evaluate these and make recommendations and plan follow up.
Experience in Lean Six Sigma would be beneficial.
This role will carry an attractive salary, plus commercial vehicle, and pension.