Ref No: DT18061
County Kildare, Republic of Ireland
Project Engineer - County Kildare.
Purpose of the Role:
The Project Engineer will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategic engineering plan to accommodate operational requirements for the site in line with business objectives. This role will champion the upgrading of existing manufacturing processes and include the sourcing of new equipment and services as required.
In conjunction with the Engineering Manager and local site management team, this role will support the delivery and execution of the project portfolio, utilising lean principles in a team driven continuous improvement environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the value stream engineering function in the implementation of capacity improvement initiatives, process improvements and cost saving opportunities.
• Implementation of continuous improvement of equipment and process to support new product introduction as required.
• In conjunction with Operations and Planning, develop a strategic plan to accommodate planned production increases.
• Act as the main interface between the Innovation and Operations functions, facilitating improvements to the assembly process through product/process changes, in a timely manner.
• Guide the conceptualisation of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
• Integration of new designs into the current production processes and complete an appropriate commissioning program to validate success.
• Develop department KPI’s which reflect the improvements achieved and report on monthly cycle.
• Manage members of the production engineering team to include performance management and development, assessing principles and providing direction to ensure all tasks are completed to the highest of standards.
• From an introduction and commissioning viewpoint, develop detailed work instructions for the assembly of the machine ensuring they are assembled to correct technical standards utilizing tools and fixtures to remove any H&S or Quality Assurance risks.
• Develop, implement and track budget spends per project ensuring all are within spend.
• Co-ordinate troubleshooting and technical support of process, materials and equipment operation.
• Engineering lead for audit activities.
• Lead project planning and co-ordination, managing the day to day deliverables of manufacturing engineering (projects) work stream.
• Manage communication and work commitments with teams external to the core team.
• Ability to develop technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching.
• Define and ensure adherence to compliance standards, set norms and behaviours within the engineering team and its stakeholders.
Interested applicants should have:
• At least 5 years' experience in a similar role within a manufacturing company.
• Degree certified in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or similar.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office packages such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
• Intermediate/Advanced level in AutoCAD.
• Strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience.
• Food manufacturing project management experience.
• Extensive project management experience.
• Experience managing budgets to strict guidelines with proven success on payback.