Trading Manager - North Dublin
Ref No: DT17755b
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Trading Manager - North Dublin
We're looking for somebody to join as Trading Manager, and join a team that is passionate about the world of food and dedicated to the growth and support of the industry. Our client's wide network aims to serve thousands of cafés, restaurants and bars throughout the country that make up our customers.
The company has an international focus that offers employees the opportunities to learn, develop and pursue the career they have always wanted.
We’re looking for a Trading Manager to join the team. This role will play a key part in the overall growth of the organisation along with helping to maintain our core ethos – keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Trading Manager is responsible for ensuring the Company is leveraging our buying power effectively
The role requires a candidate who will:
Apply their skills and experience to a range of business-related objectives to deliver cost savings and to enhancing the quality of services provided to businesses
- Negotiate with suppliers to minimize Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and to outperform the market
- Deliver the fixed annual budgets planned on COGS above the line
- Manage New Product Development (NPD) with Category Managers & technical team
- Lead on: competitive and market analysis in order to find and renew the sources of supply while working collaboratively with Data & Insights Manager & Commercial Analyst
- Europe, SMSI, IFG & other international buying, PGM & intertrade
- Category Tenders
- Develop a new grey trading desk
- Support Commercial Finance on customer tenders
- Third Level Degree in a Business / Procurement / Food related discipline
- High level of commercial expertise with relevant Trading / Buyer experience within the Food industry
- Results-based with a proven track record of applying their financial, commercial or procurement skills to a range of business-related objectives
- A proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel to intermediate-advanced level is a minimum requirement
- Full clean B driving license
- The role may involve travel, so a degree of flexibility is required
- Understanding Your Customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.Building Effective Relationships – Is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries.
- Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
Communication & Listening – Exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settlings and style.
- Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.