Ref No: AM17718
County Offaly, Republic of Ireland
Human Resources and Change Manager - County Offaly.
Overall responsibility of role:
Develop and pro-actively support all HR & Change Management programmes initiated to achieve strategic objectives. Reporting to the Group HR Manager, you will maintain the organisation's Human Resources function by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
You will also support the Group Operations Manager, the Site Production Manager, the Group Lean Process Manager and the Site Management Team to continue to progress the site along the Lean Journey, to include attendance at PIT Meetings, Project Team participation and liaison on Training & Developmental needs arising from the implementation of the Lean Process.
You will also be responsible for Health & Safety, Risk Management and Loss Control at the site.
To carry out the above you will be required to attend specific training program/s in order for you to meet the company’s strategic objectives for the role.
1. Support and be a back up to the Group Operations Manager and Site Production Manager in the daily site activities including active management of labour manning, labour cost, attendance management, Lean, etc.
2. COVID-19 Crisis Management Site Lead
3. Site GDPR Lead
4. Support Group Operations Manager in developing objectives for Supervisors and ensure that they are tracked and delivered.
5. Attend and actively participate in the weekly Management Meeting and the bi-weekly Supervisor meetings.
6. Attend as regularly as possible at PIT Meetings or be represented at these meetings by HR Support.
7. Meet with Trade Unions (SIPTU, CONNECT, etc.) in relation to terms and conditions, change management, works agreements, pensions, sick pay etc. Follow up with all documentation for files, unions, employees etc. Ensure that all Industrial Relations issues are resolved locally where possible and as speedily as possible.
8. Research Private Investigation usage and agree a specific company with which the company will work with on future cases.
9. Where necessary liaise with IBEC on all Industrial Relations Issues. Attend at all LRC, Labour Courts, Rights Commissioners Hearings together with doing submissions, follow ups etc.
10. Recruitment of all staff – Management, Admin, Factory Floor, etc. using databases to include Ireland, Eastern European Countries, agencies etc. Follow up with CV’s, interview, medicals, tickets, accommodations, transport and induction at site level. Follow up on Probationary Reports after appointment. Maintenance of Workforce Management System.
11. Oversee the Permit Application Process, liaising with DETE and Recruitment Agencies through the entire application process including appeals, visa applications, etc.
12. Follow up with Department of Social and Family Affairs – PPS Numbers, Garda references etc.
13. Ensure that correct salary levels are set and maintained across the business for Management, Craft, Production, Admin, Quality etc. Familiarise yourself with the Weekly Unit Cost Report by department and actively follow up on corrective action arising from reviewing the report.
14. In conjunction with Production Manager and Supervisors, ensure the correct criteria for grading of jobs is implemented at floor level.
15. Work out and submit Training Budget for each year based on the requirements of Management. Work with external organisations to get grant aid for training where appropriate. Manage the spend of the agreed budget. Ensure all identified training for Factory floor staff is implemented effectively and is recorded in employee Training Files.
16. Follow up on all training identified at every level. Challenge and agree with Management the appropriate and most economic training for the individuals concerned.
17. Ensure that all employee records at Plant level are in place and properly maintained including Personnel Files, TMS Records and Training Databases.
18. Ensure that all statutory legislation is implemented across the sites as appropriate. Also ensure that all employment legislation is implemented fairly at plant level to avoid claims from employees under Equality, Payment of wages, Unfair Dismissal etc.
19. Ensure that Operational KPI's relevant to HR function are reported and achieved on a weekly basis.
20. Build effective relationships with all the Trade Union Officials to ensure good communication at all times. Also do same with employee representatives.
21. Support and advise Plant Management on a daily basis on all employee related issues to include Dispute Resolution, Attendance Management, etc.
22. Advise Senior Management Team of any impending issues identified at the site that could affect the business.
23. Work with Management/Safety Manager and Claims Management Personnel to follow up on all claims and ensure finalisation together with all documentation in place. Work with Safety Task Force to minimise loss. Ensure that Risk Management System controls are in place and that all meetings, audits, risk assessments, updating of SOPs, etc. are taking place and are being completed and properly documented for audit purposes. Carry out regular site health and safety audits as part of the relevant Management Responsibilities Section.
24. Ensure Site Security procedures are best practice.
25. You will be expected to address other appropriate/relevant responsibilities as they may arise pertinent to the Human Resources & Health, Safety and Welfare Function and be Audit Ready for HR relevant audits (Customer, Ethical, WRC, DETE, Dept. of Justice, etc.)