Ref No: AM17888
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning R&D Lead - North Dublin.
Our client is establishing a new team within engineering and looking for an AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) Lead who can create and drive a high-performing R&D team in using large data sets to develop complex algorithms and models to solve real problems in the development of medical diagnostic equipment.
Reporting into the Software Engineering Manager, the mission of this role is to lead and develop an AI/ML team that will deliver solutions that make real-time intelligent decisions at pace. This will include gathering very large data sets, developing suitable database structures, committing this data to AI & ML tools to create models predicting equipment behaviour, and ultimately integrating with product software to improve the customer experience.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background in this area, with a proven track record in strategy, roadmap development, team building and on-time project delivery. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to ensure team members work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with all stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions, while growing knowledge and solving problems in a lean environment.
As a key leader you will be part of a highly innovative multi-disciplinary Engineering team (Mechanical, Electronics, Software, Firmware, Artificial Intelligence, Optics) working on complex problems.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for:
• Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality AI / ML solutions
• Experience in integrating AI/ML solutions into overall software platform
• Extensive experience in developing & leading a high performing AI / ML team fostering a collaborative and innovative culture, with a focus on building expertise & empowerment
• Strategic thought process and ability to plan across the business to deliver on strategic goals
• Demonstrated experience with multiple machine learning techniques / models (Supervised Models, Ensembles, Unsupervised learning techniques, Neural network)
• Transfer learning, GPU acceleration would be an advantage
• Must have in-depth knowledge of various sophisticated tools and methods to achieve the following goals-
o Harvesting of large data sets and compiling into database structures
o Data analysis / manipulation
o Building accurate and efficient AI / ML models
o Implementation into real-time
Interested applicants should have and be:
• High-paced individual with the ability to define and develop the infrastructure and framework to establish a world-class AI/ML based Centre of Excellence
• Eager, passionate individual who can lead and develop a high-performing technical engineering team
• Ability to define strategy, budget management, develop roadmaps and lead team-driven solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders
• Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries and the full value chain of the product (from Suppliers to Customers) to deliver the desired outcome
• A strong and decisive leader with extensive experience
• Ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
• An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
• Excellent communications skills - written and verbal
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
• At least 10 years’ relevant engineering experience, including 5 or more years’ experience in leading a high performing AI/ML team