Ref No: AM17428
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Insight Software Engineer - Dublin.
Our client delivers industry-leading sorting machines utilising a broad range of sensor technologies coupled with real-time image processing engines over both embedded and PC architectures. The Machine Intelligence team leverages new and existing data sources to improve the sorting products. We have been retained to recruit a Software Engineer to join the team to connect these sorters to a cloud solutions platform. The software engineer will design, develop and maintain the software that interfaces with the sorters, processes data and sends it to the cloud for further analysis.
• Develop software to connect sorter equipment to a cloud platform with an emphasis on quality.
• Work in an Agile development environment
• Communicate and coordinate with key contributors both internally and externally
• Execute or support software field test and validation
• Monitor and implement industry best practices
• Participate in system architecture definition discussions
Interested applicants should have:
• At least 2 to 4 years’ experience developing with C# and/or C++
• Experience with IoT platforms and docker containers
• Experience developing automated tests within a TDD or BDD framework
• Experience with .NET technologies (MSTest, NUnit, xUnit) and Spec Flow
• Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous deployment technologies.
• Ideally hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure IoT Edge
• Experience scripting with Python an advantage (not essential)
• Experience with .NET core and Linux a plus
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Bachelor, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering