Ref No: DT17588
County Louth, Republic of Ireland
IT Business Partner/IT Plant Lead - County Wexford.
This role can be offered on a hybrid working basis.
In this role you will serve as the representative responsible for partnering with local Plant Managers and their site leadership teams to drive and shape demand for new requests and to ensure day to day manufacturing and quality operations at a site level are enabled through the continued availability of supported technologies for the Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance, Quality control and Quality engineering functions.
The objective of this role is to actively partner with the plant Operations teams to ensure their day to day operational technology challenges are addressed and that their strategic priorities are understood, including defining ways on how you and your team can support and advance those objectives. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Developing a deep knowledge of the local Manufacturing environment, including the key driver goals, short and long-term roadmaps, business processes and key personnel.
• Establish and earn a value-adding, strategic partner relationship with the Plant management team, the regional Plant IT and the entire function.
• Partner with the Plant leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into roadmaps and priorities.
• Partner with site management to measure benefits of investments at the site, measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed metrics and supporting analysis, own SLAs and report out to site management.
• Integrated Partnership with site leadership, corporate, and managed vendors. Single focal point for site leadership.
• Identify and define new opportunities to leverage technology and/or process re-design to advance business strategies that directly contribute to cost optimization and/or risk mitigation and compliance.
• Lead, guide and use the local IT team to support the plant operations and outsourced support staff.
• Ensure delivery provides the desired outcomes as well as work with other Business Partners and Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are informed by and aligned to company enterprise roadmaps.
• Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing consistent and effective communication on status, managing escalation and avoiding risk.
• Build knowledge and capability in Manufacturing technologies and processes in emerging technologies as well as improvements to existing investments by keeping abreast of industry trends and subject matter expertise in usage of new trends.
• Accountable for the services at the site and support the teams when rolling out new solutions to help create a long-term sustainable IT-OT ecosystem.
• Accountable for the lifecycle management of infrastructure, applications & services. Formulate a strategy for retain, retire and replace local applications.
• Serve as a continuous connector.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of operational understanding and strategic thinking, have both business and technology experience and have exceptional relationship building skills with a solution-oriented mindset.
In addition, this person should also possess:
• At least 3 years' experience in a technology function
• Prior experience in multiple process and technology capabilities, ideally in Manufacturing
• Previous experience maintaining positive relationships with external service providers
• Strong communication, accountability & influencing skills with an ability to translate complex technical language as appropriate
• Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
• Ability to lead change
• Strong ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team and on own initiative and comfortable dealing with various stakeholders across all areas of the business - internal and external
Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or a related field is strongly preferred, however relevant work experience equivalent is also strongly considered.IT