Ref No: AM17325
Co. Dublin, Ireland
On-site IT Project Engineer - West Dublin.
In this role you will be part of a project team rolling out a Windows 10 upgrade.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with external laboratory suppliers to assist, configure and commission lab benchtop equipment. Take ownership of equipment in receiving deliveries and keeping track, from delivery to commissioning.
• Technical Design Engineer for the Lab IT/GMP/Regulatory systems, including integration to other systems such as Chromatography and Benchtop analytical equipment. Work under the direction of the IT Applications Manager and with other team members from the corporate laboratory systems team to deliver systems and interfaces.
• Actively participate in the creation of project deliverables such as design documents, configuration build, and installation and validation activities as required by the Project Manager.
• Contribute to the development of the team resources for the project and other supporting vendors. This includes supporting development of the project execution plan, scope of work for the contract firms or specialists working with Global Procurement to engage the firms and provide technical guidance during the execution of their work.
• Gather input and co-ordinate with project team, site or Global Engineering representatives to develop requirements.
Interested applicants should have:
• Experience fulfilling company requirements for documentation and training, ideally in a regulatory environment i.e. GMP, healthcare, banking or financial.
• Experience administering Windows 7 and Windows 10 in an enterprise environment
• Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting computer hardware, operating systems, applications and network issues in an enterprise environment.
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or QC Lab environment, or highly regulated environment, an advantage
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
• At least 8 years' experience in an IT Onsite Support environment (at least 3 years at Level 3 or Team Lead)
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Ideally experience in pharmaceutical and/or QC Lab environment (not essential).
• You should be able to provide leadership in the upgrade and roll-out of new Windows 10 PC's
• The imaging / configuration and installation of newly procured devices and applications.
• Development and execution of validation of installations, including change management.
• Follow the required SOP's and support the process of drafting or revising SOP's in collaboration with the Client team.
• Provision of Tier 2 to 3 support to the Client user-base, including troubleshooting including Laptop’s, PC’s and Network
• Troubleshooting systems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• Maintain up-to-date CI and inventory, ensuring CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base) is regularly updated
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports