Ref No: AM17488
County Galway, Republic of Ireland
Platform System Architect - County Galway.
In this role you will be responsible for embedded design and development of the overall system solutions and technologies in line with platform standards, market demands, customer needs, deliverables and technology development roadmap. You will actively participate in vision & fusion solutions from RFI/RFQ phase to SOP.
Platform System Architecture Design-
- Lead and develop platform standards; embedded system architecture design based on company and customer system requirements, working closely with each of the R&D teams to develop feasible platform solutions.
- Review of System Requirements and subsequent translation into internal system architectural designs
- Liaise with the Hardware, Software, Mechanical, Production and Test Engineering to technically analyse and develop platform solutions and allocate architecture requirements
- Perform engineering assessment of all internal and external change requests (CR) made to the project and translation of these into specific architecture requirements updates
- Lead and/or support System FMEA, DFMEA analysis
- System state machine, operating modes and feature use cases analysis
- Hardware resource analysis (memory, computational power) for applicable features/functions including framework.
- Internal/external interfaces design and analysis; speed, bandwidth, timings etc.
- Video/Data pipeline design and analysis
- Support BOM analysis for best cost and performance effective solutions, design reviews and board bring-up
- Support and engage with Functional Safety (FuSa) and CyberSecurity (CS) teams.
Platform Technology Development-
- R&D of vision/fusion products
- Develop proof of concept and standardise next generation embedded solutions that are aligned with Platform Strategy
- Understand technology trends to converse with internal/external customers and give guidance in terms of roadmap development
- Next Gen Technology analysis; Multicore SoC's / MCU's, video transmission, image processing, algorithm & HMI
- Analyze emerging technologies to improve system performance and reliability, ensure best cost and performance effective solutions selected.
- Support/feedback to TDP (Technology Development Plan), participating in Platform Committee where needed.
- Participate in, contribute to or lead technical communication with customers and technology suppliers.
- IP clearance and protect design ideas with IDM/Patents applications.
- Create the system architecture timing plan which must be aligned with the overall platform/project plan.
- Ensure system architecture work products are baselined, released & managed through the Configuration Management & Change Control processes which must be aligned with the timing plan.
- Complete scheduled tasks to deliver system development output to the project team as per agreed timing plan.
- Participate in project teams and report on platform system architecture activities as appropriate
Qualifications and experience requirements for this role:
- Degree in Electronics, Computer, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in electronic product development environment
- Experience with vision/fusion products
- Multi-core MCU/SoC embedded development
- Presentation skills and tools
- SysML (System Modeling Language) design experience/knowledge is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of embedded FuSa and Cybersecurity is a plus.