Ref No: AM17321
Co. Dublin, Ireland
R&D Informatics Engineer - North Dublin.
This is a fixed-term contract of 18 months' duration.
The role sits within the informatics engineering team, and this position will play a central role in the specification, risk analysis and verification of software releases and deliverables for a medical middleware solution.
The incumbent must have the ability to structure, plan, prioritize and deliver their own work and that of a team for larger projects in an Agile development environment.
Practical experience with a significant subset of key software development lifecycle stages including feasibility, requirements generation, safety risk analysis, verification and validation is required.
Ability to contribute to problem solving and detailed technical investigations is required.
Experience with server class hardware, networking, Windows Operating Systems and security is also required.
The role will require the incumbent to interface with internal cross-functional teams including Engineering, Service, Quality and Product Management as well as external OEM software vendors.
Key areas of responsibility:
1. Execute software projects using Agile (Scrum) methodologies including project planning and interfacing with OEM software vendor. Ensure that projects are clearly scoped, managed, delivered on time, and positioned for long-term success.
2. Develop detailed software requirements for new software versions including definition of complex workflows that are required by customers to be supported.
3. Perform detailed and comprehensive safety risk analysis of requirements, mitigations and issues that impact Middleware and connected systems.
4. Participate in testing activities for new software releases including review of new test designs and execution of test cases for new features and/or issues.
Interested applicants should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Informatics, IT Technology) with at least 5 years' relevant engineering experience. Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant experience.
• Current .Net Core 2.1/3.1 experience
• Good understanding of .Net 5/.Net 6 roadmap
• REST API implementation expertise
• REST API security mechanism implementation
• OAuth2/OpenID implementation experience
• Software design development experience
• Software requirements development experience
• Significant experience and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, C#, WPF, Windows Forms
• Experience with Agile / Scrum development methodologies.
• Experience with design and implementation of service-oriented architectures.
• Strong communication and mentoring skills
• Strong software design and architecture knowledge.
• Requirements Engineering, User Story writing skills
• Windows socket programming experience
• Good network/distributed system development understanding