Ref No: AM17879
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
R&D Senior Software Engineer - North Dublin.
Our client is expanding the software team to complement the existing broad range of Engineering competencies. The successful applicant will be a key member of this team and is expected to guide and mentor other Engineers to support next generation medical diagnostic equipment.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in software development, system integration and on-time product delivery. Must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other Engineering functions (e.g. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, System Integration) to deliver high-end innovative product solutions at pace. The role involves working on a wide range of diverse cross-functional projects related to support front-end and real-time innovative software solutions.
As a key member of the team you will be part of a highly innovative multi-disciplinary Engineering group working on complex problems.
The critical skills we are looking for:
• Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality software solutions; experience in a regulated environment would be beneficial
• Must have experience in full stack software development within a high-performing software team
• It would be advantageous to have the following software experience-
o Strong programming and architectural skills (C, C#, C++)
o Excellent knowledge of front-end and back-end development
o Experience with design and implementation of real-time systems over CAN Open or another protocol
o Big Data and Database experience would be an advantage
• Ability to translate customer needs and design input requirements into detailed architecture and design specifications
• Ability to integrate software with different technologies (Fluidic sensing, electronics, motion control, and vision)
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables (Agile, SCRUM, GDP etc.)
• Participate in the development of testing strategies for all software releases (including unit testing and code reviews)
• Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured analytical approach
• Excellent computer and micro-controller knowledge would be an advantage
Required for the success of this role:
• High paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
• Readily accepts ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering effective solutions from concept to implementation at pace
• Is a key coach & mentor in supporting the team
• Ability to make informed key decisions to drive the business forward
• An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
• Excellent communications skills - written and verbal
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic or similar)
• At least 5 years’ relevant engineering experience in a high-performing software team