Ref No: AM17880
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
R&D Software Manager - North Dublin.
Our client is expanding the software team and require an experienced R&D Software Manager and leader to manage a team of engineers to complement the existing broad range of Engineering competencies in the development of medical diagnostic equipment.
The mission of this role is to lead and develop a high-performing software team that can deliver solutions at pace. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in strategy, roadmap development, team building, system integration and on-time product delivery. Must demonstrate the ability to ensure team members work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other Engineering functions to deliver high-end innovative products. The role involves working on a wide range of software projects to deliver innovative full stack software solutions.
As a key leader you will be part of a highly innovative multi-disciplinary engineering team (Mechanical, Electronics, Firmware, Systems Integration, Biochemistry, Software, Artificial Intelligence, Optics), managing a team of engineers working on complex problems.
The critical skills and personality we are looking for:
● Extensive experience in developing & leading a high-performing software development team fostering a collaborative and innovative culture, with a focus on building expertise & empowerment
● Lead the team to translate customer needs and design input requirements into detailed architecture and design specifications
● Ability to integrate software with different technologies
● Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all the team's deliverables (Agile, SCRUM etc.)d
● Setup of rigorous testing strategies for all software releases
● Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured analytical approach
● Experience in a regulated environment would be beneficial
● Must have knowledge of the software development lifecycle including:
o Strong programming and architectural skills (C, C#, C++)
o Experiencing in leading full stack product development
o Experience with design and implementation of real-time systems over CAN Open or another protocol
● We seek a high-paced individual with the ability to define and develop the infrastructure and framework to establish a world-class Software Centre of Excellence
● Eager and passionate in defining strategy, budget management, develop roadmaps and lead team-driven solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders
● Ability to work across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcomes
● Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic) and at least 10 years’ relevant engineering experience, including 5 or more years’ experience in managing a high-performing software team